Making a career in Family Law can be challenging. If you are in the process of becoming an Attorney and want to specialize in family law, you must first look at the possible scenarios you would be dealing with. Also, judge whether you find yourself fit enough for this job as it is emotionally taxing to handle family issues.
They are the most experienced child custody and divorce attorney who act as a premium family lawyer and exclusively manages well in every case that also includes different matters as:
- Marital settlements
- Child support
- Prenuptial agreement
- Post-divorce modifications and others
What all entails in Family Law?
Family Law is the area of law that deals with family relationships, be it divorce, adoption, prenuptial, marriage or child custody. The basic cases that family law includes are:
- Property related to marriage – The attorney here deals with the division of property between spouses that either of them has attained during their married time.
- Paternity Cases – The attorney here deals with cases where the child’s biological father’s identity is confirmed.
- Prenuptial Agreement – You will be dealing the writing the agreement which is signed between the “would-be groom and bride” who declare to give up their stand on property or money in case of separation.
- Alimony – In these cases, Family Law Attorney generally deals with the amount to be paid as support money to the spouse and child after separation.
If you are looking for these kinds of cases and are ready to start your career, you can look into being a Family Law Attorney at Baier and Hardy family law firm in San Antonio!
How can you become a Family Law Attorney?
To become a Family Law Attorney, it takes around 7 to 8 years. The basic necessity to become a lawyer is after completing your graduation, one has to enter the law college. However, after that, you could continue to study and get a doctorate in law education. One has to pass the Bar Exam, and then you can start your practice in the state where you got your license.
Some of the other related practice areas
There is no firm line in cases of family law. Various cases come under the practice of family law, though being from different practices. Child Abuse, Domestic violence cases as in fall under criminal law, but the family court is involved to ensure the safety of the victim. Some other such practices are Immigration and naturalization, Estate Planning etc.
If you are looking into this career, buckle up your belt and get ready for a roller coaster ride into achieving your goal of a reputed Family Lawyer.