Archive for January, 2013

0

GEELY’S BLACK CAB RESCUE

CHINESE group Geely is on the verge of snapping up a company that has been making iconic black taxi cabs in the UK for more than half a century.
Geely, which already owns 20 per cent of Manganese Bronze, is understood to be in negotiations with administrator PwC to buy the remaining 80 per cent of [...]

15

Last Morris London cab bound for Historics auction

IVER, England – Having survived the Blitz as well as the addition of ballast in the form of an unexploded bomb, a car thought to be the sole surviving Morris London Taxi will make the journey to Brooklands for Historics’ spring auction on Saturday, March 9.
Originally an export model called the Empire Oxford and designed [...]

0

MP Jim Cunningham backs LTI to retain taxi-build in Coventry

An MP has put down an Early Day Motion in the House of Commons calling for production of the London black cab to remain in Coventry.
Labour MP for Coventry South, Jim Cunningham’s motion, notes that more than 130,000 black taxis had been made at the site over the past 60 years.
LTI in Coventry went into [...]

0

Peter DaCosta: black-cab killer or London taxis’ driving force?

Among the many business casualties of 2012 was the company behind London’s world-famous black cabs, which collapsed into administration just two months after the Spice Girls sang and danced on top of five of its cabs in the closing ceremony of the Olympic Games.
While the company, Manganese Bronze, had plenty of its own problems, many [...]

Switch to our mobile site